Frontier Technology Corporation designs and manufactures standard and custom californium-252 sources for applications across a range of industries. All of our sources are approved for licensing purposes by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (USNRC) for general use and we offer these capabilities:
- Capsules containing Cf-252 isotope in wire form, up to a maximum content level of 5 mg Standard and custom single- and double-encapsulated neutron sources
- Custom made, within established size parameters
- Capsule fabrication materials including Type 304L stainless steel, Zircaloy-2, platinum, and other alloys
- Capsules sealed by circumferential TIG welding, holding a tolerance of ±10%
- Special Form certification of all Model 10 sources by the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT)
- Shipping to over 200 countries, excluding embargo list countries
- NIST traceability
Since 1984, Ohio-based Frontier has become the world’s leading manufacturer of sealed Cf-252 neutron sources. As such, we are committed to the highest standards for safety and quality including:
- IAEA special form compliant manufacturer of Type-A certified shipping containers for radioactive materials
- All products and processes meet rigorous industry standards including regulations from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, ISO 2919, ASTM, and ANSI
- Licensed to the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) with regulations consistent to the NRC
Any depleted californium-252 neutron source fabricated in our facility can be returned to us for proper disposal. Customers pay for shipping only – disposal services are free of charge.
Standard Californium-252 Neutron Sources: Model 10 Series
The Model 10 series are single-encapsulated sources, generally used as inner capsules for sources requiring multiple encapsulation. Because of this, they are highly versatile for many applications, while still licensed and transported as Model 10 sources.
The Model 10 source series has Special Form certification by the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).